How To Host A Christmas Party…
Crazy menu in a cafe in Ginza…
Some Kids Were Born Wise
- Wear a dress you can’t breathe in.
- Wear shoes you can’t walk in.
- Spend two days cooking food that you’re not going to eat.
- Laugh at jokes that aren’t funny.
- Over-laugh at jokes that are funny.
- Flirt with ugly people.
- Embarrass yourself in front of attractive people.
- Go to bed with a headache and a kitchen full of dirty dishes.
I am SO glad I’m not the hostess of our party tonight…
Merry Christmas everyone!
Yesterday, was our school’s Grand Opening of the new floor (which has been open for about two months). I wouldn’t have gone, except there was free food and gamelan music (you seriously expect me to turn down FREE FOOD?)
Anyhow, after eating about 5 (or 6, or 7) sandwiches and realising I better get home - I rushed down the 4 killing flights of stairs. Great. Then I remembered I’d left my train card in my locker…on the newly Grand-Opened 5th floor.
So I ran back up the 4 killing flights of stairs, meeting THE MOST adorable ginger kid on the way. He was about 7 years old. He said (I quote): “Why are you running back up to school missy?”
I replied that I had forgotten something, to which he said: “What, again?”
I had never met this kid before, in my life. Yet he saw me better than most. I felt like saying: “I know right?? Story of my life.”
I love these weird little children that you meet on staircases. If you see one, listen to what they say - because it will be pure wisdom. Even if they still get dressed by their parents.